Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Lost Sheep


Since coming to Africa, I have learned a number of different things. One thing that I have learned is sheep and goats although they travel together are different. I now know how to tell a sheep from a goat.  Since I live on a large wooded area, the animals roam around all day long. It does not take much for one of them especially the little ones to get lost. They are bleating all day for the mother who has gone about her business. When night comes, they all head back to their respective homes but one of them seems not to make it. I was assured not to worry that someone would come looking for the lost ones.  They will leave the other sheep just to find the one lost one. (Luke 15:3-7). I was asked to read that passage in church last Sunday but I did not make the connection until God made it perfectly clear to me.

God reminded me last night as I listened to the sound of bleating that I should be concerned about the lost sheep because that is why I am here in Africa. This is not a vacation or time to rest. He has sent me here to work.  Thank you God for the clear message.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment