Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Prayer for a Missionary

I have been on furlough from serving in Sierra Leone. It has been a wonderful Christmas and I thank everyone for their kindness shown to me while I have been home. I have not been able to write on this blog while in Africa due to the lack on internet access in my village.
  I felt that I should share this pray. I was given to me by the women at Rosalind Hills Baptist Church. It was included inside a beautiful box. I have taken my name out so it can be used by other missionaries.  It is such assurance of the faithfulness of or God.
Dear Father,
We pray that she will speak the Word of God with boldness (Acts 4:31- Ephesians 6:19)
We pray that You will protect her from the attacks of Satan and his demons (Romans 15:30-31)
We ask that You open doors and hearts to receive the Gospel as she ministers in her place of service(Colossians 4:3)
We pray that You will make her ministry exceedingly fruitful and that You will glorify Yourself through this ministry (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
We plead the You will deliver her from loneliness and frustration ( Matthew 28:18-20)
Please grant her Your specific direction for her ministry (Psalm 37:5)
We plead that You will continually protect her from all harm and ask that you would strengthen her physically(Genesis 2:7)
We ask that You would grant her peace and assurance about the care of her family members that are left at home (1 Peter 5:7)
Fill her with joy in all situations and let that joy sustain her in all situations ( Nehemiah 8:10)
We ask that You would bless and strengthen her family (Ephesians 5:22-6:4)
We pray that You will raise up prayer partners for her ( 1 Thessalonians 5:24)
We plead that all of her needs- physical, spiritual and emotional - will you will be met by You through Your grace and power (Philippians 4:19)
We plead that she will be salt and light to the people to which she has been sent (Matthew 5:13-14)
We plead that she will be steadfast , immovable , always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that her labor is not in vain(1 Corinthians 15:58). Amen

2 comments: