Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Finding The Shortcut


Since I have been in Butha Buthe or Botha Buthe ( as some spell it), I have been walking a long distance each day. I usually are hauling large bags of groceries coming back and feel like I will never make it home. Well, today God sent an angel to show me a shortcut. It took at least an half an hour off my walk. I have seen the path but I never met anyone I could ask. Even though this is an English speaking country, it is hard to find someone who speaks English.   This path  curved
in many directions so I guess you know I got lost coming back but it was not so bad. I had to walk pass cows, bulls and a drainage ditch. My fear of all three was very obvious and it gave the shepherd a good laugh.

 I was remembering as I walked a verse from Psalm 121, “He will not let you stumble,” (NLT) I thank you Lord it was very tricky in some spots but You brought me through.

 Cows are everywhere. The shepherd move them from field to field all day so it is impossible to go anywhere and not see a cow, bull or sheep. I see little children walking by without as much as a nod. I just have to get use to this agricultural town. The graze close to side walks and streets and usually just one shepherd is watching them. If he wants them to move or not move, he throws a rock and hits them. The question I have is why is there no fresh meat in any of the grocery stores within walking distance. You would think that someone would occasionally slaughter one of these great beast.  I have not changed I am always thinking of food.
 This is such a safe town You can walk anywhere and no one will bother you. During the day , this strange man has stared knocking on my door. He does not speak English so I do not know what he wants. If it is food or money , he is out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment