Thursday, March 5, 2015

On the Road to Salone

I finally feel that I have recovered from the one week mission trip to Salone, Lesotho. I know that it is now time for me to get back to work.
 On the road to Salone, I had a six hour walk and that was plenty of time to pray and talk to God. I imagined that I was walking with Jesus on the road to Emmaus.  It was on that road that the people realized that  what was foretold had come true. The Son of God had risen  . He had conquered the grave. This gave me strength when I did not think I come not walk another step.
 Once I got to Salone, it was clear why God had sent me there. So many people there have not heard the Good News. The children with an outdoor school sitting on the rocks in their tattered clothing are the lucky ones who are receiving an education. School only goes to the 7th grade. Many boys do not get to go at all but are preparing for a life as a shepherd. It was heartbreaking to see so many boys dressed in the traditional garb. Most have never been out of Salone. There is no running water and many of the villages do not have outdoor latrines.
  We held Bible study and church each night in the same pit that we cooked all our meals. The good news is that people accepted Christ while we were there.  I pray that when we return we will be able to offer Bibles to the new converts. I also pray that  there will be a church built there soon . We need missionaries and pastors to make the long trek on a more regular basis.
  I could hear Jesus telling me that I too had been blind. There is such a need in this village alone. It has given me courage to continue the much needed work.

No comments:

Post a Comment