Thursday, March 26, 2015

Visit to Foster Home

Yesterday I was excited to finally get to serve at one of the two foster homes in this area operated by the AFM Church. It was not far from where I live but the road was treacherous.  I had prepared by selecting what Bible stories I would read to the children but after arriving there my plans changed. There were four new arrivals. Their parents had died and the young girl had been raising the younger children alone.  It broke my heart and I was unable to focus on anything but the pain of the situation.
 The home was built by Habitat for Humanity and it houses children who have lost their parents due to AIDS, They have a piggery which brings income to support the local homes.
Please join me in praying for the children and the staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment